The 4th Global China Dialogue:
The Belt and Road (B&R) — Transcultural collaborations for shared goals
The GCD IV is the only high-end forum in the world to take Chinaâ€™s â€˜The Belt and Roadâ€™ as a global initiative and to discuss China and Chinese participation in building global society and comprehensive governance of global society.
Date: Thursday-Saturday, 30 Nov-2 December, 2017
- Global China Institute, UK
- Lau China Institute, Kingâ€™s College London,UK
- China Media Centre of the University ofWestminster, UK
- Chongyang Institute for Financial Studies atRenmin University of China (RDCY), China
- How the B&R connects different civilizations
- How people-to-people bonding operatesthrough transcultural practice
- What are theoretical and legal bases of the B&R
- How the media can help to promote the B&R asa Chinese contribution to the humancommunity.
- Thursday 30th November, 14:00-17:00 Registration, Symposium of Globalization of Chinese for Social Sciences (GCSS), University of Westminster
- Friday 1st December, 08:30-17:00 The Dialogue, the British Academy
- Friday 1st December, 18:00-20:00 Reception, the UK Parliament
- Saturday 2nd December, 10:00-16:00 A workshop on Chinese for Social Sciences (CSS),Kingâ€™s College London
Organizing Committee (in alphabetical order):
- Professor Xiangqun Chang Professor Xiangqun Chang, Director of Global China Institute; Honorary Professor of UCL
- Professor Kerry Brown Professor Kerry Brown, Director of Lau China Institute, Kingâ€™s College London
- Professor Hugo de Burgh Professor Hugo de Burgh, Director of the China Media Centre, University of Westminster
- Professor WANG Wen, Executive Dean of Chongyang Institute for Financial Studies, Renmin University of China.