Co-Production Opportunities in China Workshop Held at Regent Street Campus
In the afternoon hours of 21 October 2015, the Opportunities in China Workshop was held at Fyvie Hall in the Regent Street campus of the University of Westminster. The event was held while Chinese President Xi Jinping was in London for a state visit.
Professor Geoffrey Petts, Vice-Chancellor of the University of Westminster, gave welcoming remarks. Ms Wang Jianjun, head of Shanghai Broadcast TV and Shanghai Media Group (SMG), gave the keynote presentation at the event in English titled If Shakespeare Met Tang Xianzu.
The presentation also featured presentations and discussions from:
- Chen Yuren, Director of the SMG programming department
- Zhang Lifen, Chief Consultant of the China Business News
- Prof Stephen Dong Guanpeng of the Communication University of China
- Li Yong, Director of Dragon TV
- Clare Thomspon, a British TV producer
- Paul Jackson of Houghton Street Media
- Paul Dempsey, President of Global Markets at BBC Worldwide
- Chen Qi, Vice Director of DocuChina, SMG
- Chen Sijie, General Manager of SMG Pictures
- He Xiaolan, General Manager of Wings Media, SMG
- Catherine Mallyon, Executive Director of the Royal Shakespeare Company
- Yu Rongjun and Zhong Jing, Vice Presidents of the Shanghai Performing Arts Group
- Maxine Doyle, Associate Director and Choreographer of Punchdrunk
The workshops were chaired by Professor Hugo de Burgh, Director of the China Media Centre.